RELAX WITH SEDATION
Visit Anchorage’s trusted dentists Dr. Jaimie Lyke, Dr. Scott Lyke, Dr. Ryan Ersland, and Dr. Nile Ersland to and know you’ll be comfortable and relaxed during your treatments. From nitrous oxide to moderate IV sedation, we offer a solution to help with your anxiety or fear of the dentist.
DENTAL ANXIETY IS COMMON
For some, just visiting the dentist can be very stressful. With many adults and younger people fearful of the dentist, they will neglect their oral care due to this fear. At Aurora Family Dentistry, we want you to feel comfortable, relaxed, and comfortable during your appointment with us. We understand your anxiety and will strive to make each visit as pleasant as possible.
How We Can Help You Relax
Talk with us prior to your visit and let us know how you’re feeling about the upcoming visit. We want to help put you at ease before you even visit. Bringing your fears out in the open can help us to tailor your experience to your pace and any treatments to suit your needs. We also offer gentle and safe sedation options to help you relax during treatment if necessary.
The tips below can help you have a better experience:
- Tell your dentist and the dental team if you’re feeling stressed, fearful, or anxious about your treatment.
- Schedule your visit so you won’t feel rushed to get back to work or to pick up your kids.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat light meals the day of your visit.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes to your dental appointment. Avoid tight collars or restrictive clothing.
- Arrange a signal ahead of time in case you need a break during a procedure.
- Bring a music player and headset so you can listen to music, podcast, or book on tape while getting treatment.
- Talk with us about sedation options to help you have the most relaxed, comfortable experience.
Advantages of Sedation Dentistry
IV Sedation allows you to relax completely and minimize your anxiety before your visit. Since your IV sedation is administered in the office by Dr. Ersland for cosmetic restorations or surgical procedures, you’ll be completely comfortable and safe. With IV sedation, you can get complex procedures done in a single long appointment saving you time and money.
Safe oral sedation may be used to help you relax. This type of sedation is completely safe since it carries no risk of over-medication and uses no injections.
Comfortably receive extensive treatments using sedation. If you’ve avoided coming to the dentist for years and have restorative treatment needed, sedation is the perfect solution to resolve your fears and get you the treatment you need while you’re relaxed. Since our sedation is conscious, you’re not “under” but in a gentle state of sleepiness where you can respond to simple commands.